Wow - it has been SO long since I've had a chance to participate in "Heads or Tails Tuesday." It feels so good to be back! Heads Or Tails is a weekly meme done on Tuesdays. Anyone can play. In fact the more, the merrier! You can visit the Heads or Tails Home Page for more information on how you can join in!
Today's topic is: "List 7"
So, I can list 7 of anything that I want. I think that it will be fun to share 7 things that you might not know about me - some quirks, "weirditudes," and trivia.
Seven Thingies about Marci
- I am a recovering nail biter - I bit my nails throughout my entire childhood, and somehow managed to give it up for the senior prom. Since becoming a rabbi, I have been able to keep my nails nice most of the time. However, you can always tell how I am REALLY feeling at any given time by looking at my nails. If they are short or bitten off, you know that I am feeling really overwhelmed. Luckily, they look great right now.
- I dream of Taco Bell - I have maintained a deep passion for Taco Bell for much of my life. This relationship was challenged when I moved to Israel for one year. Despite having many other fast food chains (McDonalds, KFC, Sbarro, etc), there aren't any Taco Bell locations in the country. I guess that I was so distraught about this that I actually dreamt about Taco Bell a number of times.
- I once tripped over Kevin Bacon's children - Oy - how embarrassing! I was out for sushi on the Upper West Side of NYC a few years ago with a friend. I stood up from our booth, moved backwards without looking, and tripped over a small child standing there. I apologized to the kid, and then reflexively looked up to apologize to the parents. Lo and behold, the parents were KEVIN BACON AND KYRA SEDGWICK!!! I smiled, panicked, and ducked back into my booth. I have never forgotten the feeling of SHAME!!!
- I have seen RENT 8 times - I am a huge fan of the musical, RENT. I first saw it in Boston while I was in college, and fell in love with it. The story makes me cry every time, the music gives me goosebumps, and the characters became my friends. Since living in NYC, I have seen it many more times, and each time I notice something new. I am so sad that it is closing on June 1, and will miss the ease with which I have been able to see it over the years.
- I have an extra bone in my left foot. Yes, you read that correctly. I experienced a lot of pain in my left foot as a child, and my parents couldn't figure out what was wrong. Our family doctor was baffled by it, so he sent us to an orthopedic doctor. That doctor took an x-ray, showed it to us, and announced - YOU HAVE AN EXTRA BONE IN YOUR FOOT! That's right, folks, I am a mutant. It really doesn't impact my life anymore, thankfully, but it definitely influences which shoes I purchase (pressure irritates it and makes it hurt for a long time).
- I have been having recurring dreams about Hong Kong. If anyone can figure this one out, I will be forever in debt to you. I keep dreaming that I am planning a trip to Hong Kong. The strange thing is -- I am traveling alone on this trip, and I have never actually gotten there in my dream. I am constantly planning for it, packing for it, and occasionally flying there. But, I have never arrived....
- I am afraid of soggy bread. I cannot buy ready-made sandwiches or wraps at convenience stores or takeout places. Thinking of soggy bread actually causes me anxiety - a fact which my sister likes to tease me about. I can't really spend too much time thinking about it, so that's all you're gonna get on that one :)
Well, that's all folks. Hope you've enjoyed!
So, come on - share something quirky about yourself!!!