Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Shalom, friends!

It's been a busy year, as I am sure you can tell by my less-than-frequent blogging. I would love to be blogging more, but free time has been minimal.

Rabbi-life: I am loving my first year as the rabbi at a wonderful congregation in Wantagh, New York. The congregants are terrific, the area is lovely, and the job is fulfilling. I feel supported by family and friends, and I am blessed by a strong, competent lay leadership at the temple. I've learned so much so far about leading a congregation. There have been plenty of challenges (oy!), but also plenty of successes. I love it there!

Jenny Craig: Those of you who were following my Jenny Craig posts may want an update in that area. I stopped doing Jenny Craig last summer when I began my new job. My psyche is such that I can only handle (as I am sure is true for many of you) so many stressors at once. I just didn't have the brain power to continue at that time, and I was feeling burnt out after 8 months of participation. I have high hopes of continuing again soon.

Wantagh: The weaning process is nearly complete - I will be officially living the confines of NYC in one month. I am finally moving out to Long Island. I have found an amazing townhouse (with an outdoor pool, fitness center, tennis courts) and I can't wait to begin this new chapter. Packing over the next month will be CRAZY, but there are good things on the other end. I will be walking distance from the temple, so I hope to walk often!

Karaoke: I have the coolest congregants! Many of them LOVE karaoke, so we have lots of fun singing together. I just have to explore the karaoke joints in and around Wantagh. If you know of one, let me know! There is much singing to be done!

Cats: Lindsay and I adopted a new baby kitten!! He is so cute, and you must check out this video of him when he was still a stray at the vet.



He was named "Magellan" then, but now we have decided to call him "Snickerdoodle." That being said, we call him "Baby Boy" more than anything else. :) Precious and Caramel are adjusting to their new friend.

Well, I hope you have good things in your lives, and that you are happy and healthy.

No comments: