Thursday, November 8, 2007

Launching a New Award: Wonderful Women of the Web Award

Happy Thursday! I have been so inspired by so many of the blogs that I visit, and I am always so honored to receive awards from my blogosphere friends. Plus, as a woman rabbi, I find that my female voice adds something important to the centuries of male Jewish study and understanding. Put it all together, and what do you get? A new award!

I am hereby announcing the creation of a new award that seeks to honor the special women that add their voices and stories to the worldwide web. I am sure that you have all been inspired, have laughed, have learned, and have been moved by the words of one of the women who blog regularly. Well, now is the time to honor them.

If you receive this award, I encourage you to think about the women whose blogs you enjoy. Then do the following:

  • Be sure to pass it along, and share the honors. None of us would be where we are without others supporting us, encouraging us, and teaching us.
  • If you feel comfortable, tell the bloggers why they mean so much to you.
  • Please link back here, and let me know that you have passed it on. It will be fun to watch it travel!
  • Smile, knowing that you have brightened someone's day :)
And now, here are the first recipients of this new award.

Skittles, at Skittles' Place. Barb, aka Skittles, is one of the kindest, most thoughtful bloggers I have encountered. She shares her joys and sorrows, her laughter and her tears, with her readers. We all feel like part of a greater community when we visit her blog. She is, indeed, a Wonderful Woman of the Web.

Jojo A. at No Barking... After 6. This blog is filled with so many fun facts (who knew there were so many phobias out there??) and random observations. You never know what you are going to find from visit to visit. Yet, in the midst of the randomness, Jojo isn't afraid to speak personally, and these are some of the best posts. She is, indeed, a Wonderful Woman of the Web.

Shan, at Rambling Shan. Shan was one of the first bloggers to make me feel at home on the web. Her posts range from funny to profound, and she supports many other bloggers around the world. Plus, she just turned 30, so she deserves lots of good things! She is, indeed, a Wonderful Woman of the Web.

Jerseygirl89, at Dirty Little Secret. Jerseygirl is a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) who takes breaks from her important duties at home to write thoughtful, hilarious, and personal posts. I enjoy stopping by to see what her latest adventures have been. She is, indeed, a Wonderful Woman of the Web.

Zilla at Zilla. I just love visiting her blog. She has endlessly wacky experiences with her family, as well as plenty of poignant moments. There are always many comments to her posts, and it is clear to see how many of us enjoy the lens through which she sees the world.
She is, indeed, a Wonderful Woman of the Web.

BipolarLawyerCook at BipolarLawyerCook. Looking for yummy recipes? Hilarious transcripts of her conversations with her husband (known as BH, for Better Half)? Moving depictions of her emotional, familial, and personal struggles? It's all here, and each is exquisite. She is, indeed, a Wonderful Woman of the Web.

Phyllis at Ima on (and off) the Bima. Phyllis is a colleague and friend of mine who I discovered, a few months ago, has an amazing blog! In her posts, she shares her feelings about balancing her rabbinate, motherhood, creativity, and personal growth. She is also an avid reader of others' blogs, and I think that is the most important part of being a worthy blogger. She is, indeed, a Wonderful Woman of the Web.

Finally, Sarene at Confessions of a Rock and Roll Bride. Sarene's blog is just waiting to "be discovered," so I encourage you to stop by. Sarene is a journalist, but really wishes she were a rock star. Hence, her witty observations bring together her writing skills and her passion for music. She is getting married soon, so you even get to witness her wedding planning. She is, indeed, a Wonderful Woman of the Web.

These are just the beginning. I have so many other blogs that I want to honor, so over the next few weeks, I will send out new batches of awards. For those who have won, I look forward to seeing who you honor next.

Yay for Wonderful Women of the Web!

12 comments:

Heidi Hyde said...

Cool award! and thank you for turning me on to some more awesome bloggies!

-HH

SMLP said...

I am SO honored! Thank you very, very much. Even though I've been blogging for most of the year, I still feel like such a neophyte. Thank you also for encouraging your blogging friends to come stop by. It's tough making an impact with so many blogs to choose from!

Going to add my award soon...

tripleZmom said...

Thank you so much! I love awards and I'm totally flattered. I'm going to go work on my post now!

Mom Knows Everything said...

What a wonderful thing to do. It's really nice to be appreciated from a fellow blogger. I'm sure everyone who received this award you created will cherish it.

Jennifer said...

Marci, I am so moved, and so appreciative. I can't believe you've taken the time to design and orchestrate the offering of these awards with all you've got going on.

I also can't wait to take a day or two to visit all of the other recipients.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Petula said...

Very cool! Congratulations everyone!

The Egel Nest said...

Having no chance of winning this award because I have a penis...I wish to say...Who cares!

What a wonderful award!

Marci...It is a wonderful thing you created, and the people you awarded will feel so good about it!

Blog love to you OSRUI sis!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Cooper said...

Since I may not receive, may I nominate a few???

House of Lime
Nurse Ratched
SnowElf

BipolarLawyerCook said...

Marci, thank you so much. With all that's going on, this really is such a bright spot. Please award yourself one right back!

And my fellow awardees, it's gonna take some time for me to come by and say hi, but I am looking forward to it!

i beati said...

great choices expanding my read thanks sk

Phyllis Sommer said...

great idea to start your own award...and of course, i think your selections are incredibly wise:-) i am so honored! thanks!

Jojo a. said...

That's a really awesome idea you had!!

I take a bow.

Thanks for the award! I will pass it around, there are some great blogs out there!