Friday, May 2, 2008

Ready for Shabbat


Hi, my friends! I am very excited that it is finally Shabbat. This week felt very long, and, as my dad says, "Shabbat always comes at the right time." Just when you don't think you can take another day of tumult, stress, or conflict, the Sabbath arrives.
As you saw in my previous posts this week, it has been a painful week. I don't think that anything out of the ordinary was going on - I think that it was more of a perfect storm of triggers: I got my period, I ran out of my muscle relaxant, I was really stressed out, and I led two very long worship services last weekend. Any one event on its own wouldn't have caused an increase in pain, but - together? Oy vey.
Yep, I am really ready for Shabbat.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You & me both, kiddo. Of course, that would mean I would have to convert, which sounds like a lot of work, so I think I'll just thank God it's Friday and kick back with a longneck or two before hitting the jacuzzi. ;-)