Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sites and Sights of Israel


Had a great time with those of my classmates who were able to attend the conference in Jerusalem. We celebrated five years since we were ordained! Here, we are giving the typical Israeli hand-gesture which means, "Wait!"

I spent Shabbat in a community called Modi'in, with old family friends of ours. After a wonderful Shabbat service at Kehillat Yozma, I was able to join our friends for a delicious, fun dinner.

A frequent graffiti spotted throughout the country: Am Yisrael Chai - The People of Israel live.


Crazy piles of paprika! At a spice shop in Tel Aviv.


Entrances to the courtrooms at the Israel Supreme Court (located in Jerusalem). Designed to invoke the ancient gates of the Old City, at which the judges would sit and adjudicate.


The Sabra cactus (what we call a Prickly Pear) - Israelis are called Sabras because they can be prickly on the outside, but are sweet and soft on the outside.


A picture of a mountainside village in the Golan.



5 comments:

Lindsay Bellows said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! ;-)

I LOVE the pics!!!

Jennifer said...

Jenny results are showing even in your FACE, darlin'! Wonderful pictures.

Now I've got a hankering for chicken paprikash...

SMLP said...

Awesome! So glad you had fun :-)

Be sure to check out the video I linked to on my blog recently -- I think you'll enjoy it.

Phyllis Sommer said...

love that first one:-)

i beati said...

pictures super- loved the comments on context and Happy 31!!!