Monday, April 9, 2007

April - Whenever will we find you?

I don't know about how it feels by you, but it is so cold here in NYC. Because it is traditional to hold a Yizkor Memorial Service today (last day of Passover), I had to go to work for the 7:45 am early service (so attendees could go to work afterwards). It was a wonderful service, and I was really happy once I was there, but it was so cold getting there. Here we are, almost the middle of April, well into spring, and it was only about 35 degrees out early this morning. Wow - it was brisk, baby.

Now that I am home for the rest of the day, I am working on a needlepoint Tallit Bag for my brother, Ricky's, upcoming H.S. graduation. I will probably be done in the next few weeks, then I will have it made into the bag (they'll add a velvet back, etc.). I think I will start two new projects after that - a baby gift (something to put on the wall) for Jessica's little Evan, and a Tallit bag for Adam's college graduation. Jess, let me know if you have any requests!

It's actually really nice working on a gift for someone for such an extended period of time. It's as if you have all this time to focus on sending happy thoughts, prayers and blessings to that special person. It's quite meditative.

Of course, I have to do my nails, too!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

no special requests, but the little monkey man does love bright colors. his room is safari themed if that helps at all. hopefully you'll be here soon to see it!!!