Saturday, April 7, 2007

Saturday Night's Alright... for Laundry

Hey, all! Welcome to the exciting world of Saturday night laundry in the NYC metropolitan area. The city that never sleeps probably also never washes their clothes - I mean, who has the time? There was a time when I would have thought, "What? You have nothing better to do with your Saturday night?" Yes, I would have judged. But, now, no - I judge not.

Tonight, I find myself totally grateful for the time off. It is SO nice to have a whole evening free. I can't believe that I lucked out with an apartment that has a laundry room in the building. Ah, the luxury! I can go down, change the loads, and then come back up and climb into bed. It's the simple things, really.

Plus, I only have a few more nights to enjoy the matzah and the gefilte fish before Passover ends for this year. Anyway, my kishkes can't take much more of this. I haven't yet made a batch of fried matzah...yum!

Okay, time to get the first load out of the dryer. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jane said...

there is nothing that says 'luxury' more than a washing machine in your building. ah, the free time. ah, the peace of mind.