Saturday, May 19, 2007

Revenge?

I hope that your house loses power
that your computer catches a virus
that you get an itch on your back
on that one spot you can't reach.

I wish that a tree would fall on your parked car
that you would get a bad haircut
that a zit would grow on your nose
and get infected and last for weeks

I pray that your exciting plans get cancelled
that you catch a case of pink eye
that a beautiful framed print
falls on the tile floor and shatters.

Alas, I can barely wish you harm
Even in spite of myself.
The most I can wish for you, however:
I hope you one day feel what I feel.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh my.

me said...

I giggled to myself while reading this. I have felt this. I have sang it. I have screamed it.

It reminds me of the Carrie Underwood song "Before He Cheats".