So, I gave in to all of the encouraging peer pressure, and got myself a DVR. I mean, it will only be another $10 a month on my cable bill, yet the benefits are, dare I say, priceless. Why have I waited so long to join the 21st century?
The show I am most interested in recording? LOST!! For the past few seasons, I have purchased the "Season's Pass" on iTunes so that all of the episodes would automatically download to my computer. The price? Almost $40!! The DVR is much cheaper, and will record so many other shows in the process.
Especially since I am still spending so much time in bed, I am catching up on movies and shows I have always wanted to see. The latest viewings:
- The Last Kiss (I sure love me some Zach Braff - though I found this a rough, moving, and particularly challenging movie to watch as I approach my thirtieth birthday)
- The Wedding Banquet (great Ang Lee film about a gay couple, one of whom must get married when his traditional parents pressure him - hilarity ensues)
- My favorite Scrubs episode, "My Overkill," which features my most favorite musician, Colin Hay!!
- Classic Pop-Up Video episodes on VH-1 Classic (Metal Mania! Rock and Roll Heaven!)
- The Celluloid Closet, a fascinating documentary about the depictions of homosexuality throughout the history of film.