Kentucky Shan over at Rambling Shan tagged me earlier today. So, friends, what does this mean? It means I get to be a part of a fun new game (a meme) that involves sharing some information related to things in history that have taken place on my birthday.
If I tag you, you have to go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day)...Then write down 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and tag 5 friends (leave them a comment saying their tagged and refer them to your blog for the rules).
Here's mine, for March 28!
- 1930 - Constantinople and Angora change their names to Istanbul and Ankara.
- 1978 - US Supreme Court hands down 5-3 decision in Stump v. Sparkman, 435 U.S. 349, a controversial case involving involuntary sterilization and judicial immunity.
- 1979 - In Pennsylvania, a pump in the reactor cooling system fails in the Three Mile Island accident, resulting in the evaporation of some contaminated water causing a nuclear meltdown.
If you want to do the other meme (The Mutation Meme), Here are the rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
If you want to see what this one looks like, check out Skittles' entry.
It's your choice!
Thanks so much, Kentucky Shan, for inviting me to play :)