Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday naps - pros and cons....


Well, it's 1:00 in the morning, and I am wide awake :)

I worked earlier today, as I mentioned in the last post, and I came home pretty tired. It was a grey, windy day outside, so the most appealing option for the afternoon was a long, cuddling, warm NAP.

Ahhhhh..........

I probably fell asleep around 5pm, intending to sleep for an hour or two. When did I wake up?

9:45pm.

Almost FIVE hours later. Oy. It was one of those naps where I thought it was the next morning. That's how well-rested I felt.

So, I had dinner, caught up on tonight's episode of True Blood, and now I am wide awake. I wish I didn't have to worry about it, but I have a seminar all day tomorrow, beginning at 8:30 am.

It's one of those weird situations where I got plenty of sleep, and will still sleep some more tonight, but I will feel tired nonetheless tomorrow.

Ah, the perils of napping!!

4 comments:

Lindsay Bellows said...

I find that sunday afternoon naps can be dangerous...I think I may move my weekend nap to saturday. I did the same thing last night with dan. fell asleep for a bit, but made sure to get up after an hour and a half (while he watched stranger than fiction, woohoo!). I was rested and still tired at 11. lalu!!!

SMLP said...

Oooh, dangerous but good, those naps. I napped on and off all day on Friday and then I couldn't fall asleep until like 1 a.m.!

JesseJack said...

True Blood is a pretty amazing show.

Phyllis Sommer said...

ooh the naps. i love naps. love the graphic too, so cute;-)